Kenya Meat Commission is the biggest and most modern licensed export abattoir in East, Central and the Horn of Africa. Kenya Meat Commission supplies top quality meat products to international markets such as:
- Middle East i.e. U.A.E, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia
- East Africa i.e. Tanzania, Uganda
- Central Africa i.e. Democratic Republic of Congo
- North Africa i.e. Sudan, Egypt
Since it’s reopening, KMC exports an average of 500 tons of fresh and frozen goat, lamb and beef by air, road and sea every week. Export consignments such as whole carcasses, primal cuts, canned products and other value-added products are professionally and hygienically packed for various markets.
EXPORT PRODUCT RANGE
KMC produces and offers for export sale the following products:
- Whole carcasses of beef, lamb and goat both chilled and frozen
- Special prime cuts – rump steak, sirloin, topside, fillet etc
- Value added products – meat balls, beef burger, marinated products, stir fries, sausages, pet food etc
- Canned products – corned beef, ox-tongue, and pet food
- By products – meat and bone meal, tallow, skin and hide, blood meal, horns and hooves, ox-gall, ox-skull, mask, ox-pizzle, ears etc
- Offals – liver, tripe etc
Beef Primal Cuts for Export
Process and Procedure
KMC procures all its raw materials for its processes with due consideration to high quality standards at all times. Strict procedures in livestock procurement and sourcing are adhered to. Stringent veterinary inspections of animals in the field, at reception, during the slaughter process and also at dispatch of the products are adhered to. KMC is certified as ISO22000:2005, Food safety management based ISO. In addition the facility is Halal certified and its product conforms to Kenya Bureau of Standard (KEBS) requirements.
KMC Export Requirements
KMC requires the following information from the export customer:
- Company's Name, Profile Memorandum of Association
- Custom Pin No.
- Weekly/Monthly projection of export volumes in tonnes
- Specification i.e. age, weight of lamb, goat and beef
- Letter of no objection from the country you are exporting to.
Export documents to be provided by KMC
- Certificate of origin
- Veterinary certificate
- Health certificate
- Halal certificate
- Proforma invoice